OEM Account Manager - Communications
OTTO – designed, manufactured and precision tested, right here in the USA.
OEM Account Manager will drive sales with one or more large OEM customers. The manager has responsibility for creating and executing growth strategies that increase profitable revenue for OTTO product sales to radio communications OEMs and other assigned accounts. The manager represents the entire range of OTTO products and services to assigned customers. The manager will have proven proficiency in account plan development and implementation of related sales strategies. Equipped with an in-depth knowledge of OTTO Engineering products, the manager will manage and support customers, prospect for new opportunities, and harness the capabilities of OTTO to deliver solutions to customers. Excellent work ethic, motivation and leadership skills required.
Specifically, the OEM Account Manager will:
- Increase revenue and drive profitable growth of OTTO products to radio communications equipment OEMs serving the Commercial, Industrial and Defense markets, worldwide
- o Set the strategy and direction for growth initiatives that drive sales to industry leading and emerging two-way radio equipment manufacturers
- o Increase OTTO’s visibility and sales with existing radio OEMs through face-to-face visits, phone contacts, e-mail, trade shows and other channels
- o Develop new business opportunities with emerging defense radio OEMs, especially those that support new military radio waveforms
- o Prepare sales forecasts for assigned OEM accounts. Achieve or exceed forecasts
- o Recommend product pricing and prepare customer quotations
- o Develop key customer relationships at Director-level and above with OEM decision-makers, product managers, supply chain managers, and sales professionals
- o Deliver sales-oriented presentations to customers, demonstrating the value of OTTO’s products
- Coordinate applications engineering support to provide customer solutions
- o Serve as the primary contact for assigned OEM accounts providing all aspects of pre- and post-sales support
- o Coordinate internal OTTO team members, including engineering, customer service, quality, and operations to ensure that customer expectations are achieved
- o Define requirements and develop business cases for new product opportunities including features, benefits, specifications, cost targets, and forecasts. Secure commitment for the execution of new product initiatives via OTTO’s internal processes
- o Provide market feedback to management including competitive position, new product opportunities, and key industry trends
- Assist the Marketing team with the creation of technical materials and with communication of new product and promotion ideas for target market
- o Collaborate with marketing team to develop strategies, communications, and collateral materials. Develop key product messages, prepare and review collateral content, and ensure that OTTO’s brand promise is effectively communicated in catalogs, sell sheets, price lists, and other related collateral material
- o Communicate customer-driven technical documentation needs
- o Coordinate and participate in trade shows and industry events in North America, Europe, and Asia
- Increase overall business profitability
- o Evaluate customer profitability to develop and execute pricing strategies that increase business profitability
- o Actively participate in design driven product cost reductions, representing the voice of the customer
- o Find, communicate, and execute opportunities to increase product and optimize travel and entertainment expenses
- Assist with other related duties as required or assigned
What you’ll need to bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in OEM sales, OEM sales management, or OEM product management
- Radio communications industry experience strongly desired
- Experience with RF technology, two-way radio accessories, and intercoms used in commercial and military products desired
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Professional presentation skills
- Strong technical aptitude and the ability to understand and communicate technical information
- Ability to translate customer requirements into product solutions.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- A team player and leader with experience coordinating efforts of a cross-functional team to ensure desired outcomes are achieved.
- Able to travel globally as required.
- Self-motivated and tenacious.
- Good attention to detail and strong follow-up skills.
- Ability to analyze sales results, interpret data, and prepare corrective actions based upon data.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Salesforce desired
- Ability to use OTTO ERP system
- Available for non-standard or extended work schedule
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Tuition Assistance
- Life Insurance Benefits
- Competitive Pay
- Profit Sharing Bonus
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Company Picnic
- Holiday Party
- AND numerous OTTO celebrations throughout the year!
OTTO Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
OTTO Engineering does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters, agencies, or similar organizations; any submissions will not be honored.