Assistant Test Lab Manager
OTTO – designed, manufactured and precision tested, right here in the USA.
Assistant Test Lab Manager will provide administration, scheduling, implementation, supervision and liaison of all laboratory functions including the development of both short- and long-range laboratory requirements. Also, supervises and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in performing electrical, mechanical, audio, environmental, chemical and physical tests required to verify the quality of OTTO’s products.
Specifically, the Assistant Test Lab Manager will:
- Directs, coordinates and advises personnel in special test procedures to analyze components, processes, and finished product to determine conformance to specifications.
- Compiles, analyzes, and organizes highly technical information to quickly determine new methods of applying this knowledge towards advanced quality engineering concepts.
- Confers with Quality and Product Engineers to conduct analyses, interpret test results, or develop nonstandard tests.
- Reports on Laboratory projects using standard MS Office computer applications.
- Test and measures products by using standard mechanical inspection gauges and electrical test meters.
- Ability to plan and set up various tests to Mil, IEC, IP, UL, CSA, DEMKO, and other certifications agency specifications.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet testing procedures and the use of laboratory equipment.
- Ability to professionally interface with customers, vendors, and certification agencies to maintain expedited project schedules.
- Directly supervises employees in the Quality Test Laboratory. Carries out administrative and supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Assist in the departmental annual budget plan.
- Participate in the maintenance of OTTO’s ISO 9000, and ISO 17025 registration.
- Deputy Representative for ISO 17025 accreditation.
- Provide support and advise staff.
- Maintain test-related military/agency/laboratory documentation on Test Lab Ledger Database.
- Assist with other related duties as required or assigned.
What you’ll need to bring to the table:
- Associates degree (A.A.S. – Electronics/General Science) from a college or technical school; or 5 years of related experience in a Test Laboratory environment).
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have experience with requirements and auditing of International, Automotive, and Aerospace (ISO 9000, ISO 17025, QS 9000, and AS 9000) quality standards.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to effectively present information to quality personnel, top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts and to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, statistical process control, design of experiments, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to write strong technical reports and presentations for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Availability for non-standard or extended work hours.
- Requires self-motivation and ability to complete projects with strict guidelines.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9000, AS 9100, ISO 14000, ISO 17025, and SPC techniques.
- Must possess excellent figure aptitude and be detail oriented.
- Computer literate to a trainer level in all Microsoft office applications.
- Minimum 20/25 vision requirement.
- Ability to use various measurement devices.
- Strong follow-up skills.
- Strong oral and written communications skills; must have a pleasant and helpful telephone manner.
- Lift equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Tuition Assistance
- Life Insurance Benefits
- Competitive Pay
- Profit Sharing Bonus
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Company Picnic
- Holiday Party
- AND numerous OTTO celebrations throughout the year!
OTTO Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
OTTO Engineering does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters, agencies, or similar organizations; any submissions will not be honored.