OTTO – designed, manufactured and precision tested, right here in the USA.
Mechanical Engineer will develop products through design layout and analysis, prototyping, testing and documentation that meet or exceed customer marketing specifications with regards to performance, appearance, cost, and quality. Provide production support and coordinate activities between engineering, other internal departments, vendors, and customers to successfully achieve goals set for the project.
Specifically, the Mechanical Engineer will:
- Establish the design concepts and develop performance specifications for products which meet or exceed customer and marketing goals in all respects.
- Provide product and tooling cost estimates for quotations to customers.
- When required perform thermal analysis, stress analysis, tolerance studies, and statistical analysis both manually and utilizing CAE tools.
- Layout complete designs of product assemblies, subassemblies, and detailed piece parts using PTC Creo tools.
- Prepare drawings, BOM’s, ECN’s, and all other documents as required.
- Proactively inform management of changes in circumstances, provide alternative corrective actions to maintain progress, and recover original schedules if possible.
- Coordinate activities affecting internal departments, vendors, and customers required to achieve project schedules, milestones, and goals.
- Support production and quality engineering in solving design and process related problems on existing products.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of engineering and scientific principles which can be utilized to develop products which provide predictable and reliable performance.
- Assist with other related duties as required or assigned.
What you’ll need to bring to the table:
- BSME or equivalent
- 0-5 years of experience
- Proficiency in 3D CAD design software. PTC Creo experience is a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage small projects on their own
- Organized and detailed
- Good follow-up skills
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Tuition Assistance
- Life Insurance Benefits
- Competitive Pay
- Profit Sharing Bonus
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Company Picnic
- Holiday Party
- AND numerous OTTO celebrations throughout the year!
To review all of OTTO’s available opportunities,
please visit our career page by clicking on the link below:
OTTO Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
OTTO Engineering does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters, agencies, or similar organizations; any submissions will not be honored.