Senior Research and Development Engineer
OTTO – designed, manufactured and precision tested, right here in the USA.
Senior Research and Development Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, and testing innovative products, including prototype layout of printed circuit board assemblies (PCBAs) and creating software to run our electro-mechanically designed products. The Senior R&D Engineer will be hands-on and enjoy creating concepts prior to handing them off to Engineering for final development.
Specifically, the Senior Research and Development Engineer will:
- Design and develop new products from concept to prototype stage, including component selection and layout of PCBAs.
- Create software to run electro-mechanically designed products.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to ensure product design meets customer needs and is ready for production.
- Conduct research and development activities to identify new technologies, processes, and materials that can be used to enhance existing products or create new products.
- Visit customers and work with suppliers to understand future market needs and determine optimal solutions.
- Ensure compliance with applicable regulations and standards.
What you’ll need to bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- At least 5 years of experience in research and development of electro-mechanical products.
- Strong knowledge of PCB design and layout, including component selection.
- Proficient in software development for embedded systems.
- Experience with 3D printing and SMT equipment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Tuition Assistance
- Life Insurance Benefits
- Competitive Pay
- Profit Sharing Bonus
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Company Picnic
- Holiday Party
- AND numerous OTTO celebrations throughout the year!
To review all of OTTO’s available opportunities,
please visit our career page by clicking on the link below:
OTTO Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
OTTO Engineering does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters, agencies, or similar organizations; any submissions will not be honored.