Associate Project Engineer
OTTO – designed, manufactured and precision tested, right here in the USA.
Recent college graduates will be considered!
Associate Project Engineer will develop products through design layout and analysis, prototyping, testing and documentation that meet or exceed customer marketing specifications with regards to performance, appearance, cost and quality. Manage the activities of a product development effort from initial conception to release to production. Provide production support and coordinate activities between engineering, other internal departments, vendors and customers to successfully achieve goals set for the project. Degree of supervision required to perform job duties should not exceed 30%.
Specifically, the Associate Project Engineer will:
- Establish the design concepts and develop performance specifications for products which meet or exceed customer and marketing goals in all respects
- Provide product and tooling cost estimates for quotations to customers
- Determine and maintain project schedules and milestones which meet or exceed desired customer and marketing goals
- Perform mathematical calculations pertaining to performance modeling, stress analysis, tolerance studies, and statistical properties of engineering data both manually and utilizing CAE tools
- Layout complete designs of product assemblies, subassemblies, and detailed piece parts both manually and utilizing CAD tools
- Prepare drawings, BOM’s ECN’s, and all other documents as required
- Proactively inform management of changes in circumstances, provide alternative corrective actions to maintain progress, and recover original schedules if possible
- Coordinate activities affecting internal departments, vendors, and customers required to achieve project schedules, milestones and goals
- Support production and quality control in solving design and process related problems on existing products
- Maintain a thorough understanding of engineering and scientific principles which can be utilized to develop products which provide predictable and reliable performance
- Provide technical guidance to support staff such as drafters, designers and technicians
- Participate in the Material Review Board (MRB) as needed – including developing and processing Discrepant Material Reports (DMRs) and performing part analysis as directed by MRB members
- Assist with other related duties as required or assigned
What you’ll need to bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 2 full time years of courses in an engineering curriculum
- 0-2 years of experience in the engineering field of practice including use of mechanical CAD (preferably Pro-E)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work in a quick paced environment
- Good follow-up skills
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Tuition Assistance
- Life Insurance Benefits
- Competitive Pay
- Profit Sharing Bonus
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Company Picnic
- Holiday Party
- AND numerous OTTO celebrations throughout the year!
To review all of OTTO’s available opportunities,
please visit our career page by clicking on the link below:
OTTO Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
OTTO Engineering does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters, agencies, or similar organizations; any submissions will not be honored.