Die Estimator - Carpentersville, IL
OTTO – designed, manufactured and precision tested, right here in the USA.
Die Estimator will efficiently and accurately generate quotations for existing and prospective customer base. The estimator forecasts project costs by gathering details and compiling data to estimate all production costs according to company specification. The ideal candidate will have the capability to analyze drawings and specifications, estimate and price labor, materials, and outside services needed to complete the project. This candidate will be creative, flexible, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
Specifically, the Die Estimator will:
- Work with the Sales Engineer and design team to perform estimated quotes
- Interacts with customer base to determine requirements, standards, and desired quality expectations
- Prepare strip layouts, determining strip width, progression, number of stations, and approximate size of tooling required
- Communicates with customers, suppliers, and production personnel to improve methods, procedures and processes to solve quality problems
- Estimate EDM Production
- Report project status to management on a regular basis
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment assisting the Sales Engineers and Tool Room Staff with projects to achieve the highest quality product in time sensitive situations.
- Assist with other related duties as required or assigned.
What you’ll need to bring to the table:
- 5+ years estimating experience
- Knowledge of tool and die required
- Wire EDM estimating would be a plus
- Capable of prioritizing workload and exercising good time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy with capabilities in email and MS Office
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Discount Program
- 401(k) with a company match
- Tuition Assistance
- Life Insurance Benefits
- Competitive Pay
- Profit Sharing Bonus
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Company Picnic
- Holiday Party
- AND numerous OTTO celebrations throughout the year!
OTTO Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
OTTO Engineering does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters, agencies, or similar organizations; any submissions will not be honored.