Industrial Designer - Controls
OTTO – designed, manufactured and precision tested, right here in the USA.
We’re looking for an innovative and creative Industrial Designer to design products that capture the feel and look of our brand. This role will develop products through concept, design layout and analysis, prototyping, testing and documentation that meet or exceed customer marketing specifications with regards to performance, appearance, cost, and quality.
Specifically, the Industrial Designer will:
- Research how customers use our product and employ user-centered design principles to improve the product experiences
- Expertise in surface modeling techniques for ergonomic and human interface designs
- Participate in (and sometimes lead) the overall design and development of product lines
- Establish design solutions and develop performance specifications for products which meet or exceed customer or project goals in all respects
- Effectively communicate ideas through sketches, renderings and 3D printed models of concepts to present to internal and/or external groups
- Layout complete designs of product assemblies, subassemblies, and detailed piece parts using PTC Creo tools
- Prepare drawings, BOM’s, ECN’s, and all other documents as required
- Proactively inform management of changes in circumstances, provide alternative corrective actions to maintain progress, and recover original schedules if possible
- Maintain a thorough understanding of engineering and scientific principles which can be utilized to develop products which provide predictable and reliable performance
- Work with a cross functional team to evaluate whether design concepts will fill the needs at a reasonable cost
- Assist with other related duties as required or assigned
What you’ll need to bring to the table:
- Bachelors Degree in Industrial Design or equivalent
- 5+ years of industrial design experience
- Proficiency in 3D CAD design software; PTC Creo experience is a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage small projects on their own
- Organized and detailed
- Good follow-up skills
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Tuition Assistance
- Life Insurance Benefits
- Competitive Pay
- Profit Sharing Bonus
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Company Picnic
- Holiday Party
- AND numerous OTTO celebrations throughout the year!
To review all of OTTO’s available opportunities,
please visit our career page by clicking on the link below:
OTTO Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
Federal EEOC - Know Your Rights
Request for Assistance / Reasonable Accommodation:
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the online application process. You may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability.
If you need an alternative method for applying, please contact OTTO Engineering via telephone at 847-428-7171
or email at HRDepartment @ ottoexcellence.com
These contact tools may be used only by individuals with a disability for accommodation requests; please do not inquire as to the status of an application.
OTTO Engineering does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters, agencies, or similar organizations; any submissions will not be honored.