HVAC Service Facility Technician
OTTO – designed, manufactured and precision tested, right here in the USA.
Our HVAC Service Facility Technician is responsible for maintaining the physical structure as required.
Specifically, the HVAC Service Facility Technician will:
- Install, service, and repair environmental control systems in commercial establishments, utilizing knowledge of refrigeration theory, pipefitting, and structural layout
- Mount compressor and condenser units on platform or floor, using hand tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications
- Install evaporator unit in chassis or in air duct system, using hand tools
- Cut and bend tubing to correct length and shape, using cutting and bending equipment and tools
- Cut and thread pipe, using machine-threading or hand-threading equipment
- Join tubing or pipe to various refrigerating units by means of sleeves, couplings, or unions, and solder joints, using torch, forming complete circuit for refrigerant
- Install expansion and discharge valves in circuit
- Connect motors, compressors, temperature controls, humidity controls, and circulating-ventilation fans to control panels and connect control panels to power source
- Install air and water filters in completed installation.
- Inject small amount of refrigerant into compressor to test systems, and add Freon gas to build up prescribed operating pressure
- Observe pressure and vacuum gauges and adjust controls to ensure efficient operation
- Test joints and connections for gas leaks, using gauges or soap-and-water solution
- Wrap pipes in insulation batting and secure them in place with cement or wire bands
- Replace defective breaker controls, thermostats, switches, fuses, and electrical wiring to repair installed units, using electrician's hand tools and test equipment
- Repair, and service air-conditioners, ranging from one to forty tons cooling capacity, in warehouses and factory buildings.
- Repair and maintain physical structures of commercial and industrial establishments, such as factories, office buildings and apartment houses, using hand tools and power tools
- Replace defective electrical switches and other fixtures
- Paint structures, and repair woodwork with carpenter's tools
- Repair plumbing fixtures.
- Install, maintain, and repair machinery, equipment, physical structures, and pipe and electrical systems in commercial or industrial establishments, following specifications, blueprints, manuals, and schematic drawings, using hand tools, power tools, hoist, crane, and measuring and testing instruments
- Visually inspect and test machinery and equipment, using electrical and electronic test equipment
- Carpenter work
- Cement work
- Electric work
- Drywall patching
- Provide support and advise staff
- Assist with other related duties as required or assigned
What you’ll need to bring to the table:
- 3-4 years of experience with commercial HVAC, plumbing and electrical
- Experience working with contractors and other trades
- Mature judgement and capable of being bonded
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Required to work outside of the normal office hours including “on-call” time
- Good organizational skills
- Able to lift equipment up to 50 lbs. with assistance as necessary
- Perform detailed work above the head, and work in a standing position
- Must be able to work in a quick paced environment
- Knowledge of the operation of a forklift
- Good follow-up skills
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Tuition Assistance
- Life Insurance Benefits
- Competitive Pay
- Profit Sharing Bonus
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Company Picnic
- Holiday Party
- AND numerous OTTO celebrations throughout the year!
OTTO Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
OTTO Engineering does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters, agencies, or similar organizations; any submissions will not be honored.