Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
OTTO – designed, manufactured and precision tested, right here in the USA.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for the design and development of both plastic and metal piece parts that go into our electro-mechanical assemblies. Responsible for the 3D layout, analysis, internal prototyping, and related documentation. This position will work with our vertically integrated teams consisting of in-house molding, stamping, CNC machining, manufacturing, and quality test lab.
Note: The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer opportunity has the option to work at either our corporate headquarters in Carpentersville or at our Chicago-based location (with periodic visits to Carpentersville).
Specifically, the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will:
- Establish design concepts and develop performance specifications for both plastic and metal parts including finished assemblies utilizing PTC Creo
- Perform mold flow and FEA analysis as needed
- Prepare drawings, BOM’s ECN’s, and other documents as required
- Coordinate activities affecting internal departments, vendors, and customers as required
- Support production and quality control in solving design and process related problems on existing products
- Maintain a thorough understanding of engineering principles which can be utilized to develop products to ensure predictable and reliable performance
- Use of Engineering 3D printer to make prototype parts for evaluation
- Assist with other related duties as required or assigned
What you’ll need to bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in 3D modeling, preferably in PTC Creo
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Organized and detailed
- Ability to effectively work on multiple projects
- Team player
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Tuition Assistance
- Life Insurance Benefits
- Competitive Pay
- Profit Sharing Bonus
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Company Picnic
- Holiday Party
- AND numerous OTTO celebrations throughout the year!
To review all of OTTO’s available opportunities,
please visit our career page by clicking on the link below:
OTTO Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
OTTO Engineering does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters, agencies, or similar organizations; any submissions will not be honored.