Senior Die Designer
OTTO – designed, manufactured and precision tested, right here in the USA.
Senior Die Designer will lead the design and development of progressive, Metal-Stamping tooling, fixtures and gages for external customers in a job shop environment. Capable to develop assembly and component drawings for tool builds in both 3D and 2D. Work from engineering models and piece part drawings to provide accurate quoting of jobs to sales. Must have excellent time management skills and the ability to work and lead teams. Capable to achieve quality designs in shortened lead times while still being able to support the team with current projects.
Specifically, the Senior Die Designer will:
- Work with internal and external customers on design concepts for progressive dies, compound dies, stage tooling, jigs, and fixture requirements
- Prepare strip layouts, plan views, BOM’s, detail drawings, and other documents as required
- Create wire EDM blocks to increase productivity during the build and development of tooling
- Organize projects in ERP and order purchased components when required
- Make engineering changes to existing designs and carryout ECN’s through company PLM business process
- Ability to accurately quote hours for design time, processing, and manufacturing time to complete projects
- Work with team during tool development to ensure parts meet the customers requirement
- Report project status to management on a regular basis
- Function in a collaborative environment, assisting other designers and staff to achieve quality product in time sensitive situations
- Represent organization as direct interface with customers and suppliers in a positive manner
- Conduct and lead design reviews with the tool room and manufacturing departments
- Create performance specifications for in house tooling standards and the training plan to achieve it
- Assist with other related duties as required or assigned
What you’ll need to bring to the table:
- 10+ years of experience as a full-time tool designer with a passion for standardization
- Performs project management activities and offers cost competitive solutions on project deliverables
- Experience with Solid Modeling Complete Tool assemblies, Solidworks preferred
- Experience with Quick press Solidworks Add-in Preferred
- Auto-Cad Experience with Die Maker Add-in Preferred
- Experience with PLM and Syteline Business Software Preferred
- Knowledge of different tool steels and their applications
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Tuition Assistance
- Life Insurance Benefits
- Competitive Pay
- Profit Sharing Bonus
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Company Picnic
- Holiday Party
- AND numerous OTTO celebrations throughout the year!
To review all of OTTO’s available opportunities,
please visit our career page by clicking on the link below:
OTTO Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
Federal EEOC - Know Your Rights
Request for Assistance / Reasonable Accommodation:
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the online application process. You may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability.
If you need an alternative method for applying, please contact OTTO Engineering via telephone at 847-428-7171
or email at HRDepartment @ ottoexcellence.com
These contact tools may be used only by individuals with a disability for accommodation requests; please do not inquire as to the status of an application.
OTTO Engineering does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters, agencies, or similar organizations; any submissions will not be honored.