Senior Electrical Engineer
OTTO – designed, manufactured and precision tested, right here in the USA.
Senior Electrical Engineer is responsible for electronics and audio product design from conception through production startup. Provide technical support in the resolution of daily production problems relating to electrical products and equipment.
Note: The Senior Electrical Engineer
opportunity has the option to work at either our corporate headquarters in Carpentersville or at our Chicago-based location (with periodic visits to Carpentersville).
Specifically, the Senior Electrical Engineer will:
- Analog/Digital circuit design, prototyping, and performance evaluation to customer or internal specifications
- Electronic component specification and selection
- Develop and test embedded software to customer requirements
- RF compatibility testing
- PCB layout and documentation
- Evaluate and document final document performance to customer specifications
- Technical sales support
- Analyze production test requirements. Design and fabricate test equipment fixturing, electronics and software
- Continuing support of existing products and production test equipment
- Interface with mechanical design, production, manufacturing, engineering, and sales
- Provide engineering documentation: schematics, BOM’s, ECN’s, drawings, layouts
- Perform all functions of electrical engineering below this level of responsibility
- Assist with other related duties as required or assigned
What you’ll need to bring to the table:
- BSEE, BSEET, or equivalent.
- Audio/Analog design experience and general digital circuit design experience a must.
- Experience with Visual Basic, C programming and microprocessor firmware programing.
- EMC design and Intrinsically Safe (UL, ATEX, FM) circuit design experience a plus.
- Minimum 10 years of engineering experience within electronics manufacturing environment emphasizing electronics design through complete product development cycle.
- Project management experience essential.
- Requires self-motivation and ability to complete projects with strict guidelines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a quick paced environment.
- Good follow-up skills.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Tuition Assistance
- Life Insurance Benefits
- Competitive Pay
- Profit Sharing Bonus
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Company Picnic
- Holiday Party
- AND numerous OTTO celebrations throughout the year!
To review all of OTTO’s available opportunities,
please visit our career page by clicking on the link below:
OTTO Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
Federal EEOC - Know Your Rights
Request for Assistance / Reasonable Accommodation:
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the online application process. You may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability.
If you need an alternative method for applying, please contact OTTO Engineering via telephone at 847-428-7171
or email at HRDepartment @ ottoexcellence.com
These contact tools may be used only by individuals with a disability for accommodation requests; please do not inquire as to the status of an application.
OTTO Engineering does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters, agencies, or similar organizations; any submissions will not be honored.