Senior RF Electrical Engineer
OTTO – designed, manufactured and precision tested, right here in the USA.
OTTO Engineering, an industry leading manufacturer of Communication Products and Accessories for Public Safety and High Reliability Applications, is seeking a versatile Senior Electrical Engineer with primary experience in RF circuit design & wireless communication and data networks, but also experienced architecting product-level electrical designs that include power supplies, batteries, audio circuits, and digital circuitry. The ideal candidate has extensive concept-through-production product development experience with an emphasis on radios which operate in the 915Mhz ISM Band, 2.45GHz WiFi/Bluetooth, and UWB data networks that operate up to 10GHz. Prior experience with portable consumer or public safety electronic products is highly desired.
Specifically, the Senior RF Electrical Engineer will:
- Design, prototype, and evaluate RF circuits to meet customer and internal specifications.
- Architect circuitry and systems to transport audio and digital data over short range and medium range wireless networks
- Evaluate Product Requirements and provide design, cost, and schedule estimates
- Collaborate with PCB Designer, Mechanical Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing, and Sales.
- Specify and select components for RF receivers and transmitters.
- Participate in the design of peripheral circuitry such as power supplies, audio, and digital control
- Generate schematics, bills-of-material (BOMs), and provide PCB layout guidance.
- Evaluate own designs to ensure robustness over the desired operating environments
- Ensure designs meet agency compliance specifications (FCC, CE, SAR, UL, and IS/ATEX). May require going to an outside test lab to support testing.
- Provide Technical sales support and assist with the support of existing products as needed
- Identify production test requirements. Put together a production test plan
- Coordinate with outsource contractors as needed to specify and oversee work
- Select RF Test Equipment as needed.
- Assist with other related duties as required or assigned.
What you’ll need to bring to the table:
- Minimum 10 years of RF experience in concept-through-production product development.
- Prior experience with portable consumer or public safety portable electronic products is highly desired.
- Versatility and experience with general analog and digital control circuitry on the periphery of RF, including Power Supplies, running off Batteries, Audio, etc.
- Expert at the use of RF Measurement Equipment including Spectrum Analyzers, RF Generators, RF Power Amplifiers, etc.
- Familiar with TDMA, CDMA, FSK, FHSS, and other RF Modulation techniques
- Specific design experience with RF at the 915Mhz ISM Band, GPS Receivers, 2.45GHz WiFi/Bluetooth, and UWB data networks that operate up to 10GHz is desired.
- Experience designing products with multiple co-located RF transceivers / antennas.
- Ability to assess and optimize RF links (transmitters and receivers) at a product and system level.
- Expert at meeting RF specifications and achieving EMC compliance including guiding PCB layout to achieve optimal RF performance.
- Schematic Entry (Altium experience is a plus)
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Tuition Assistance
- Life Insurance Benefits
- Competitive Pay
- Profit Sharing Bonus
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Company Picnic
- Holiday Party
- AND numerous OTTO celebrations throughout the year!
To review all of OTTO’s available opportunities,
please visit our career page by clicking on the link below:
OTTO Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
OTTO Engineering does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters, agencies, or similar organizations; any submissions will not be honored.