Associate Firmware Engineer
OTTO – designed, manufactured and precision tested, right here in the USA.
Recent college graduates will be considered!
Associate Firmware Engineer is responsible for the design and development of embedded systems software and electronic circuitry for audio and data communications products and accessories. Embedded software design for microcontroller and microprocessor-controlled products. Hands-on design and debug of analog and digital audio circuits. Position includes concept through production, technical support and modifications of existing products.
Specifically, the Associate Firmware Engineer will:
- Design, develop, and document firmware for microprocessor-controlled designs
- Design, prototype, and evaluate the performance of analog and digital circuit to meet customer and/or internal specifications
- Specify and select electronic components
- Provide technical support toward resolution of field and production issues
- Define product test requirements
- Collaborate and coordinate with Mechanical, Manufacturing, Procurement, Quality, and Sales teams
- Assist with other related duties as required or assigned
What you’ll need to bring to the table:
- 0-2 years software development experience on embedded platforms
- BSEE, BSCompE, or BSCS
- Strong Embedded C and C++ skills, Python a plus
- Understanding of Electrical Hardware including ability to read schematics, evaluate hardware-software tradeoffs, and write minimal code to resurrect early hardware
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Focus on quality and attention to detail
- Excellent resourcefulness and debugging skills
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Tuition Assistance
- Life Insurance Benefits
- Competitive Pay
- Profit Sharing Bonus
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Company Picnic
- Holiday Party
- AND numerous OTTO celebrations throughout the year!
To review all of OTTO’s available opportunities,
please visit our career page by clicking on the link below:
OTTO Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
OTTO Engineering does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters, agencies, or similar organizations; any submissions will not be honored.